King George V Memorial Walk
Telephone – seasonal only (01736 752568)
Please be aware that due to Covid-19 the pool can only operate this year with reduced numbers in order to meet the guidelines set by the Government and Swim England. As such, please don’t take your frustrations out on the staff and do take note of the following:
· Please do not attend this pool if you have any symptoms of Coronavirus, including temperature, cough or loss of taste or smell.
· The maximum number of people that we are allowed to let into the facility is 54 per session.
· Sessions will run from 11:00 – 13:00, 13:30- 15:30 and 16:00- 18:00.
· Price for a ticket is £3.00 per person.
· Bookings should be made on-line at https://hayleoutdoorpoolswimmingsessionbooking.as.me/
Online bookings will have priority at the entrance gate
· No “cash on the door” swims available. If capacity has not been reached via the on-line booking system, casual customers can pay by card but must remember that everyone will be asked to vacate the premises after each session so the timing of your visit is important.
· Each session requires a separate booking to ensure that track and trace guidelines are met.
· All track and trace details will be held for 28 days and then destroyed.
· Changing rooms and the hot showers will remain closed.
· Toilets will remain open but on a 1 out 1 in basis.
· Picnic tables are set for suitable social distancing so will be available for use.
· Grassed area will be marked with social distancing posts so can be used on a first come first served basis. No chairs, tables or sunbeds will be provided.
· The slide will remain out of use.
· The pool will be split with 2 lane ropes for lane swimming and an area for general use. Social distancing must be observed at all times.
· Arm bands may be used where required.
· No other inflatables allowed.
· The direction to swim within the lanes will be signed and must be observed.
· No overtaking within lanes. Where someone is slower than all the others, the lifeguards will step in and advise.
· Screaming and shouting should be discouraged to reduce possible airborne transmission of the virus and we ask all carers, guardians and parents to assist the lifeguards in enforcing this.
We appreciate that these guidelines may appear draconian but in order to remain open and operate safely we have no choice. Please help our lifeguards by abiding by the rules and understand that failure to comply may result in the culprit/s being banned from the pool.
Please keep up to date on the Hayle Town Council Swimming Pool page.
Help us to help you enjoy your swim and stay safe
Please note: Dogs are not allowed into the pool complex.
Since the summer of 2016 the pool has been heated by a solar cover and now the water temperature regularly reaches between 24 and 26 degrees Celsius.
Children who are competent swimmers aged between 9-10 years old may swim unaccompanied but must have a responsible person (16+) supervising them (inside the building/pool complex)
Children who are 11 years old (in year 7) and above may swim unaccompanied and unsupervised.
Full Swimming Pool Child Admission Policy
The full Swimming Pool Child Admission Policy can be found here.