Councillor Vacancies

To be a Local Councillor you must be at least 18 and a British, Commonwealth or European Citizen. You also need to be a local elector or have lived, worked or owned a property in the parish for at least a year.

To see the new ward boundaries in more detail visit Cornwall Council’s interactive mapor click on this page to view the Parish Ward Map for Hayle: Parish Ward Map for Hayle


What’s Involved –  


About Hayle Town Council 

Becoming a Councillor Frequently Asked Questions

A Councillor – Who Me? 

Be a Councillor – Cornwall Council

HTC Co-Option Policy and Application Form Adopted October 22


For further information please contact –


Hayle Town Council

Hayle Community Centre

58 Queensway


TR27 4NX

01736 755005



Office hours 9.30am – 12.30pm

Town Council Sites/Services

Hayle Town Council manages Hayle Community Centre, Hayle Outdoor Swimming Pool, Lethlean Lane Allotments, Public Conveniences, Hayle Recreation Ground, King George V Memorial Walk, Jubilee Path, The Millpond (not the play area), The Plantation and other small pockets of green land. Find out more

Report to Cornwall Council

Report a problem/ask a question concerning the following: Housing, benefits, council tax, street lights, highways/footpath issues, general planning issues, waste collection, fly-tipping, street trading, licensing, environmental health, parking, fire safety. Find out more

Council Corner News

Published in the bi-monthly Hayle Pump Newsletter
Find out more