£31,346 – £32,910 pa

2 Year Fixed Term Post


Hayle Town Council has aspirations for those who live and work in and visit the town. The Town Councillors and Officers are ambitious and believe in the town’s potential as it grows and enhances its position as the gateway to West Cornwall.

We have a new and exciting opportunity to join the team in the role of Projects and Events Officer. We are seeking an experienced, dynamic and resourceful person who will work with colleagues, elected Members and partners to apply for funding, develop and deliver a range of projects and events which benefit the town.

The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a high level of self-motivation. Candidates should have experience of sourcing and applying for funding, a sound knowledge of project and event management, excellent IT skills and an awareness of performance management.

The position is for 37 hours per week and is based on NJC pay scales for SCP 27 to 29 (£31,346 – £32,910, pay award pending), including 23 days holiday plus bank holidays and contributory membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme. Attendance at evening meetings and occasional weekend work will be required. Application packs are available from the address below or email

If you would like an informal discussion about the post please contact the Town Clerk, Eleanor Giggal – Hollis.


Hayle Town Council,

Hayle Community Centre,

58 Queensway,



TR27 4NX

Telephone: 01736 755005 Email:


Completed Application Forms to be received by noon on 21 February 2022. Interviews will be held on Friday 4 March 2022.

Other recent articles:

Town Council Sites/Services

Hayle Town Council manages Hayle Community Centre, Hayle Outdoor Swimming Pool, Lethlean Lane Allotments, Public Conveniences, Hayle Recreation Ground, King George V Memorial Walk, Jubilee Path, The Millpond (not the play area), The Plantation and other small pockets of green land. Find out more

Report to Cornwall Council

Report a problem/ask a question concerning the following: Housing, benefits, council tax, street lights, highways/footpath issues, general planning issues, waste collection, fly-tipping, street trading, licensing, environmental health, parking, fire safety. Find out more