Notice of Elections:

Notice is hereby given that elections are to be held for Hayle Town Council for the following wards:

  • Hayle West (5 seats)
  • Hayle East (3 seats)

If the elections are contested the poll will take place on Thursday 21st October 2021.

Notice of election – Hayle Town Council – 21 October 2021

For more general information please click on the Cornwall Council website elections page, Current and Forthcoming Elections/Referendums – Cornwall Council

To see the new ward boundaries in more detail visit Cornwall Council’s interactive map.

Note: A councillor can stand and represent any ward in the Hayle Area, not necessarily where they live or work. The Council elected in May will serve until the first week of May 2025 (a 4 year term of office).

Election Arrangements for October Elections 2021:

The next election for seats on Hayle Town Council will take place on Thursday 21 October 2021.

The voting and election process is organised and managed by Cornwall Council and all registered residents of Hayle Parish should soon receive notification and voting forms through the post. This will also include details of the polling station for your area, which will be open from 7am to 10pm that day.

Be the Change – Stand for Hayle Town Council:

If you wish to stand you can download the nomination packs and find further information below:

Notice for Nomination Packs

Nomination Pack Letter – East Ward

Nomination Pack Letter – West Ward

EC 2021 PARISH Nomination Pack

Election Timetable October 2021


Please note that completed nomination papers must be delivered BY HAND as detailed in the nomination pack (NOT to the Town Council Offices) by 4pm on Friday 24th September 2021.

To be a Local Councillor you must be at least 18 and a British, Commonwealth or European Citizen. You also need to be a local elector or have lived, worked or owned a property in the parish for at least a year.


What’s Involved –  Candidate Information

About Hayle Town Council 2021

Becoming a Councillor Frequently Asked Questions

A Councillor – Who Me? 2021 Elections

Standing For Election

Still need help?

Contact the Electoral Services Team at Cornwall Council.



Other recent articles:

Town Council Sites/Services

Hayle Town Council manages Hayle Community Centre, Hayle Outdoor Swimming Pool, Lethlean Lane Allotments, Public Conveniences, Hayle Recreation Ground, King George V Memorial Walk, Jubilee Path, The Millpond (not the play area), The Plantation and other small pockets of green land. Find out more

Report to Cornwall Council

Report a problem/ask a question concerning the following: Housing, benefits, council tax, street lights, highways/footpath issues, general planning issues, waste collection, fly-tipping, street trading, licensing, environmental health, parking, fire safety. Find out more