NHS 111

There’s a new system covering the whole of Cornwall if you need urgent care – but not emergency care.

Contact NHS 111 by phone or online at any time 24: 7.

You will then be advised where and when you will receive the best treatment for you.

Call 111 for urgent, but not emergency, care


This is a new way in Cornwall to coincide with the reduced capacity in Emergency Departments due to social distancing. Truro A & E ‘s capacity for instance has been reduced from 40 down to 7.   Anyone turning up without having contacted NHS 111 first may have to wait a considerable time until capacity is available.

It is being introduced to coincide with the anticipated influx of tourists and increased demand.  We have been assured that by contacting NHS 111 you will get a rapid response and it will mean you get the right treatment, probably closer to home.

The Cornwall scheme is one of several being introduced around the country in response to the pandemic.

If you wish for additional information please visit NHS111 website:



Other recent articles:

Town Council Sites/Services

Hayle Town Council manages Hayle Community Centre, Hayle Outdoor Swimming Pool, Lethlean Lane Allotments, Public Conveniences, Hayle Recreation Ground, King George V Memorial Walk, Jubilee Path, The Millpond (not the play area), The Plantation and other small pockets of green land. Find out more

Report to Cornwall Council

Report a problem/ask a question concerning the following: Housing, benefits, council tax, street lights, highways/footpath issues, general planning issues, waste collection, fly-tipping, street trading, licensing, environmental health, parking, fire safety. Find out more