Become a Councillor

Be the Change – Stand for Town Council – Make a Difference

Information on how to stand is available from the Be a Councillor – Cornwall Council website page. Shielding candidates will be able to print out copies for completion and submission by a 3rd party.

If you wish to stand for election you can download a nomination pack from either the Cornwall Council or Town Council Websites, or with prior arrangement from the Town Council Offices from 22 March 2021 (please ring the office to arrange a collection time). Please note that completed nomination papers must be delivered BY HAND as detailed in the nomination pack (NOT to the Town Council Offices) by 4pm on Thursday 8 April 2021.

To be a Local Councillor you must be at least 18 and a British, Commonwealth or European Citizen. You also need to be a local elector or have lived, worked or owned a property in the parish for at least a year. For more information see Standing for Election Hayle Town Council

Want to know more about being a Councillor?

Download our Prospective Candidates Pack to find out more about the work of Hayle Town Council and what it’s like to be a Councillor: Alternatively call the office and the information can be sent or collected from the office, by prior arrangement. For more information see A Councillor Who Me? 2021


Other recent articles:

Town Council Sites/Services

Hayle Town Council manages Hayle Community Centre, Hayle Outdoor Swimming Pool, Lethlean Lane Allotments, Public Conveniences, Hayle Recreation Ground, King George V Memorial Walk, Jubilee Path, The Millpond (not the play area), The Plantation and other small pockets of green land. Find out more

Report to Cornwall Council

Report a problem/ask a question concerning the following: Housing, benefits, council tax, street lights, highways/footpath issues, general planning issues, waste collection, fly-tipping, street trading, licensing, environmental health, parking, fire safety. Find out more